TechUP has one goal: to create a tech ecosystem that is representative of all people. We believe that a diverse and inclusive tech sector is stronger, smarter, and better. We leverage our networks across all underrepresented groups to bring diverse talent into the tech ecosystem, and connect candidates to opportunities to build impactful careers.
TechUP intentionally recruits women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, veterans, and people who live with a disability. We seek front-end, back-end, full-stack, and mobile developers, engineering managers, UI/UX designers, hardware/embedded, data analysts and scientists, data security, IT, dev ops, QA engineers, project and product managers, marketers, technical support and sales, and more.
Get Hired with TechUP: Upload your resume here and register below to meet our hiring partners.
Speakers & Presenters
Software Development Manager, Hyland
Program Manager, Cleveland Codes & Co-founder,
Sr. Software Engineer
Cleveland Game Devs – Organizer & Instructor, WeCanCodeIT
Support Specialist/Digital Education Trainer, Tremco Roofing & Building Maintenance
Director of Community Relations & Strategic Partnerships, Global Cleveland
Talent Acquisition Program Manager, Hyland
Bootcamp Graduate, Tech Elevator
Founder, Markers @reginald_87729
Lead .NET Instructor, Tech Elevator
Bootcamp Student, Tri-C Cleveland Codes Software Developers Academy
IT Implementation Specialist, Tatonka Education Services & Bootcamp Graduate, WeCanCodeIT
Software Development Instructor, WeCanCodeIT
3:00pm – Career Fair
Connect one-on-one with recruiters, have your resume reviewed, learn to leverage LinkedIn, participate in practice interviews and more.
- LinkedIn workshop / Susie Sharp, WeCanCodeIT
- Resume review / Robert Half Technology, The Creative Group
- Practice Interviews / Robert Half Technology, The Creative Group
4:00pm – Career Fair Continued / Coding Bootcamp Showcase
- Keaunna Cleveland / Cleveland Codes
- Cynthia Gonzales / WeCanCodeIT
- Lauren Holloway / WeCanCodeIT
- Mary Prevelianakis / Tech Elevator
- Kauser Razvi / DigitalC
- Josh Tucholski / Tech Elevator
4:30 – Hour of Code // Click here for setup information
Josh Tucholski / Tech Elevator
We’re teaming up with Tech Elevator coding bootcamp to host a free hour of code session during TechUP Cleveland! Never coded a line in your life? No problem! Just bring your laptop, and the Tech Elevator team will help you use Code.org’s Star Wars-themed building blocks to try your hand at coding. Join us to learn basic programming principles and walk away with code you actually wrote. It’s amazing.
5:30pm – Networking Break
6:00pm – Panel Discussion + Q&A: Creating and Maintaining Diverse Tech Pipelines
First-hand stories from area leaders on providing the infrastructure, education and support needed to deepen and diversify our local pool of tech talent.
- Dr. Pat Ackerman / IndeedWeCode
- Jazmin Long / Global Cleveland
- Adam Dunn / Cleveland Co-Lab
- Seth Pinckney / Cleveland Codes
6:45pm – Lightning Tech Talks
- The Product Pivot: Responding to Market Trends // Lindsay Simms – Founder & CEO, Lauren Loft Social
- Virtue out of Necessity: How to Find Comfort in the Unlikely // Reginald Cash – Founder, Markers
- How I Turned Anthropology into Tech and How You Can Evolve Too // Mel McGee – Founder & CEO, WeCanCodeIT
- MOS to MIS: Decoding the Military Advantage // Greg Schmitz – Software Development Manager, Hyland
- Change Management: from Urban Entrepreneur to Tech Evangelist // Adrian Simms – Support Specialist & Digital Education Trainer, Tremco
- Growing Your Investment: Tips for a Thriving Startup // Nichelle McCall – CEO, Bold Guidance
7:45pm – Panel Discussion + Q&A: How Diversity Spurs Innovation
Diversity achieved. Now what? Panelists discuss what it takes to retain a diverse tech workforce, and how multi-cultural, gender-diverse, LGBTQ-conscious, differently-abled and combat-tried professionals can transform tech industry norms.
- Helen Griffin / Founder, Mindful App
- Jarryd Huntley / WeCanCodeIT, Game Developer
- Courtney Byham / Hyland
- Jazmin Long / Global Cleveland
8:30pm – Closing Remarks and Networking
What to bring: Your badass self. Job-seekers, upload your resume here. Printed resumes are also helpful.
What to wear: Casual, Business Casual
Parking: Paid parking and ADA spaces are available. Costs are approximately from $6 to $8. More info here.