TechUP has one goal: to create a tech ecosystem that is representative of all people. We believe that a diverse and inclusive tech sector is stronger, smarter, and better. We leverage our networks across all underrepresented groups to bring diverse talent into the tech ecosystem, and connect candidates to opportunities to build impactful careers.
TechUP intentionally recruits women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, veterans, and people who live with a disability. We seek front-end, back-end, full-stack, and mobile developers, engineering managers, UI/UX designers, hardware/embedded, data analysts and scientists, data security, IT, dev ops, QA engineers, project and product managers, marketers, technical support and sales, and more.
Get Hired with TechUP: Upload your resume here and register below to meet our hiring partners.
Find Talent with TechUP: Learn how to recruit with TechUP here. Previous TechUP sponsors include: IBM, Amazon, Salesforce, Intel, Goldman Sachs, Central Intelligence Agency, AT&T, Facebook, Twilio, Genentech, Two Sigma, Disney, Dev Bootcamp, Lyft, SAP, Cognizant, Accenture, Asana, and more.
Agenda & Speakers
5:30 pm – 8:30 pm – Networking + Food & Drinks + Demo Tables
6:00 – Welcome from Target – Rachel Whitcomb
6:05 – 6:40 pm – Lightening Tech Talks (10 min ea)
- When “Leadership” is the L-word: How #gaypride and #gayshame support an inclusive company culture // Dom Brassey (she/her), VP Growth, Lesbians Who Tech & TechUP
- Cultivating culture: Attracting, embracing, and nurturing passion at The Nerdery // Cassi Hansen, Director of Talent Acquisition, Culture and Engagement
- Hacking the hospital: What *everyone* should know about healthcare data security // Erica Kuhlmann (she/her), DO, Pulmonary and Critical Care Physician, HealthEast Care System, St. Paul, MN
- Dream Smarter: Influencing a generation of young minds to dream beyond actors, rappers, and athletes // Mondo Davison, Founder, MyBarJar & The Black Tech Guy
- 12 ways to crush the gender gap in tech // Elizabeth Wehner, Associate Software Engineer, BuzzFeed
6:50 – 7:20 pm – Coding Bootcamp Showcase
7:45 – 8:15 pm – Diversity Roundtable Discussion (+ Moderated Q&A)
The techies we’ve been talking about: multi-lingual, multi-cultural, gender-diverse, queer-conscious and combat-tried professionals, techies of color (POCIT) and techies with physical and neurological disabilities. Tech professionals from underrepresented groups weighing in on the power of being different.
Director of Talent Acquisition, Culture and Engagement, The Nerdery
Founder, WorkMand & Graveti, Entrepreneur in Residence, CODE2040
Founder, MyBarJar, The Black Tech Guy, Startup Strategist, Educator
Pulmonary and Critical Care Physician, HealthEast Care System
Employee Relations Analyst, Best Buy